Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Twit When It Comes To Twitter

Okay, I admit it. I don't get Twitter.

I know that part of the problem is that I don't have a smart phone. In all honestly, my phone is pretty smart, but not a genius phone like a lot of you have. I can make and receive telephone calls, use bluetooth and even play music or take picture. That's not enough in today's supermodel world of smart phones. Nope. Because I can't tweet.

It feels dumb even to type it. Tweet. Really?

Maybe I'm just too chatty and can't find a way to say what I want to in 140 characters or less (Is that right? I think that's right). I mean, I use Facebook now but that's a really new thing for me too. I find it hard to come up with pithy statements to use as my status and that only gets updated on a semi-regular basis. But I just don't see my life as interesting enough to keep people up-to-date on my every tiny thought or activity.

I guess the service is great for all of you guys with your fancy phones who need to know at this very minute everything that everyone else is doing. My life events are just not that big of a deal to me let alone everyone else.

The worst part is that I'm in IT. I should be psyched about this kind of stuff.

Eh, maybe this is the final proof that I'm getting old.

Well then, scram! And turn that music down! Meddling kids... :)


No comments: