Monday, January 26, 2009

Mirror, mirror on the wall

In the last few years I have noticed very distinct lines forming on my face. Not really a big deal, I'm fast approaching 40 but haven't quite made it there yet. These sorts of things are expected.

One problem with all this is that I was also looking through some pictures and found a picture of my grandmother. She was a lovely woman, albeit slightly crazy, but she had A LOT of wrinkles. I mean, I'm not sure that a shar pei wouldn't have thought - Damn! That and having just seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button probably didn't help either.

I already wear a moisturizer with sunscreen in it so I did some research and bought some other cream with Retinol in it. That seemed to work okay, but my skin was drying out and my "witch hazel as toner" routine wasn't really keeping my skin soft. So last week I bought a little tool with an exfoliator and pore cleanser attachment. It works great, but I still feel weird.

I don't wear a lot of makeup and I try to keep things in my life simple. Yet here I am shelling out $30 on lotion, $20 on retinol cream and another $30 on an electric skin cleaner. I'm not proud of it, but on the other side, my skin has never looked so radiant. I'm sure I look days younger! It must be worth it, right?

No comments: