Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gingko, ummm, something

So I was thinking about a story that came out a while back about the woman who never forgets. I can only imagine that it makes your brain hurt to remember EVERY SINGLE THING about your entire life. I mean every hurt, every joy and every meaningless event is just there in your head. Whew. That's got to be tough.

Then I started thinking about what it's like to be her friend, family member or significant other. I mean, not only can you not screw up, but forget re-gifting or anything like that. She'll remember that Aunt Bee gave that present to Andy and now Andy's passing it on to Thelma Lou.

Arguments with her must be a bear too. How do you have an argument with someone who is never wrong about the details of something that happened. I like the idea that I can rewrite my history a little bit to make me appear less of a fool or even get out of a little housework. "Honey, I promise that I scooped the litterbox last." "No. I know that I scooped it. It was 8:43pm and you were eating roasted red pepper hummus and I had to pick up 3.4 pieces of poop that included some tinsel and plastic bags that were on the floor since December 26th at 1:14pm." Ummm, okay.

No comments: